Ekaterina Abramova is an artist specializing in painting and graphic arts in mixed as well as traditional techniques using oil, acrylic, water-color, markers.
Although being a multifaceted artist, her style could be described as going in two major directions: the 21st century Post-Expressionism, and Spiritual Ornamental paintings drawn on symbolic folk art of various peoples, most notably on Russian and Indian mythology.
Born in 1979 in Moscow, she graduated from an art school with honors, and continued her studies at Vasnetsov College of Fine Arts, Moscow. In 2007 she received her MFA from the Repin State Academy of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, Russia. Among of her numerous Awards are: Gold Medal “250th anniversary of the Russian Academy of Arts,” Gold Medal “National Endowment for the Arts” of the International Charity Fund “Philanthropists of the Century”, citation from the Russian Academy of Fine Arts for the participation in the exhibition dedicated to the 250th anniversary of the Academy. She was nominated for the State Presidential Scholarship in the Arts.
She is a member of the Union of Russian Artists, Art Fund International, Creative Union of Professional Artists, Art Indulge Foundation.
She has had numerous personal exhibitions of her art all over Europe, USA, and India.
Her works are in private collections in USA, UK, France, Germany, Russia, Finland, Italy, Switzerland, China, and India.
Click on any of the thumbs to see a larger image, then click to the left or right to step through images, or click outside the image to close.
about the artist
- Solo exhibitions:
- Embassy of Finland (Moscow, 2000)
- German-Russian House (Moscow, 2000)
- Embassy of Germany (Moscow, 1999-2001)
- Landrasampt (Konstantz, Germany, 2007)
- Burg Hohenklingen (Switzerland, 2008)
- Russian Embassy (Bern, Switzerland, 2008)
- German House (Moscow, 2008)
- Art Fund International (Moscow, 2008)
- Tilting Art Gallery (Pune, India, 2010)
- Russian Center of Science and Culture (Delhi, India 2012).
- Group exhibitions:
- Royal Academy of Arts (Stockholm, 2004)
- Cultural Centre (Arras, France, 2004)
- Series of exhibitions of modern Russian artists (Italy, 2005)
- Award Winner at the exhibition “Philanthropists of the Century” (Tretyakov State gallery, Moscow, 2007)
- Festival of Arts “Traditions and the Present”, (Manezh, Moscow, 2009)
- A Journey Beyond the Three Seas, Roerich museum (Moscow, 2011)
- Visual Art Gallery (London, 2012)
- Hungarian Information and Cultural Centre (Delhi, India, 2012)
- State Gallery of Fine Arts, (Hyderabad, India, 2012)
- Liber Arte Foundation (Hungary, 2012
- Exhibition [email protected] at D.E.V.E. Gallery (Moscow, 2013)
- Art Bienale (Moscow, 2013)
- Art Cocktail Exhibition at D.E.V.E. Gallery (Bruges, Belgium, 2013).