My watercolor still life paintings are reminiscent of 17th Century Dutch oil paintings. The attention to detail is an effort to bring the viewer intimately into the work and emote a shared familiar experience. The initial reaction to the work is surprise at the almost photographic quality of the watercolor. Then once the viewer is drawn in, they are engaged in a sense of spirit and presence that the carefully designed composition communicates. The subjects are selected from the artist’s own collection of favorite things and thoughtfully arranged in a dramatic design.
After a business career in a fortune 500 company, I left a promising corporate future to follow my first love, the world of art. Painting has been my full-time business now for thirty years. My paintings hang in private and corporate collections around the world. I have participated in hundreds of national juried art festivals, winning countless awards.
I learned to paint in oil and spent three years as a portrait artist. My discovery of watercolor was quite by accident. I had seen some very exciting work done in the medium and had to give it a try. I was extremely pleased with the result and sold my very first painting. I have never gone back to oils or any other medium.
Click on any of the thumbs to see a larger image, then click to the left or right to step through images, or click outside the image to close.
about the artist
- Lakefront Festival of Art, Milwaukee, WI
- Old Town Art Festival, Chicago, IL
- Festival of the Masters, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, Winter Park, FL
- Gasparilla Festival of the Arts, Tampa, FL
- Mainsail Art Festival, St. Petersburg, FL
- Atlanta Arts Festival, Atlanta, GA
- Columbus Arts Festival, Columbus, OH
- Artisphere, Greenville, SC
- Plaza Arts Frestival, Kansas City, MO
- Bayou City Art Festival, Houston, TX
- Main Street Fort Worth, Fort Worth, TX
- Cain Park Art Festival, Cleveland Heights, OH
- Boston Mills Art Festival, Akron, OH
- Cover article, The Artist Magazine, October, 1998
- Watercolor Page Feature, American Artist, May 1994
- One Man Show, Frameworks Gallery, Marietta, GA
- Two-Man Show, Blue Heron Gallery, Wellfleet, MA
- One Man Show, The Art Place, Kennesaw, GA
- Museum Acquisitions:
Museum of Arts & Sciences, Daytona Beach, FL
The Hunter Museum, Chattanooga, TN
Ohr-O’Keefe Museum, Biloxi, MS
- Selected Awards
Best in Show, Spring Arts Festival, Gainesville, FL
Best in Show, Artscape, Chicago, IL
Best in Watercolor, Atlanta Dogwood Festival, Atlanta, GA
Best in Show, Permanent Collection, Bluff Park Art Festival, Birmingham, AL