Ken Knowles is a native of Rockport, MA. He has been painting impressionist paintings outdoors for 25 years. His professional success has afforded his family a beautiful home and studio in the seaside art colony.
Ken studied for several years with painters Stapleton Kearns, John Terelak and T.M. Nicholas. Knowles has earned an award winning reputation nationally, and is a full member of several associations, including the Rockport, Academic and North Shore Art Associations.
Ken’s work is part of countless collections across the country and abroad. His paintings can be found in galleries throughout New England.
Ken Knowles has closely studied the waterfront of Cape Ann, including the beautiful schooners made there and their history for over 20 years. He has created hundreds of paintings of this nature en plein air and in his studio.
Click on any of the thumbs to see a larger image, then click to the left or right to step through images, or click outside the image to close.
about the artist
- 2000-2003, Hudson Valley
- 2000, 2002, 2004-2006, 2009 Academic Art Association National Exhibition
- 2010, Springfield Fine Art Museum AAA exhibition
- 1997-2011, Rockport Art Association
- 2009-2011, Northshore Arts Association
- 1999, Stamford Art Association National Exhibition
- AAA Silver Brush
- Freda Gallery Award
- RAA excellence in Landscape
- RAA Alan A Davidson Memorial
- Gold Medal Stamford Art Assoc.
- Edward and Elizabeth Peterson Memorial
- Bernard Corey Memorial
- Robert B. Donnelly M.D. Award
- John and Margaret Loughlin Award
- The Bank Gloucest 1st Prize
- Rosamond SmithBouv’ Award
- 3rd Place Manchester Plein Air
- Glenn Jorgensen Award
- FULL ARTIST MEMBERSHIPS
- Rockport Art Association
- North Shore Arts Association
- Academic Art Association
- Hudson Valley Art Association