I use photography to document how I see the world based on a dramatic transformation that occurred in my past. Inspired by the stirring emotions within my heart, I realize this completely guides the thematic series that I capture through the lens. I prefer the photographic style that is complex and thought-provoking; a unique style of photorealism and editorial with techniques used that assures exposure, composition, lines and light used to communicate depth otherwise not seen by the naked eye. My choice of subjects can vary and I prefer night and monotone photographs. Perhaps unsurprisingly, these photographs reference the depth that I rarely mention to the public, but represent so clearly in each piece of art. The artistic themes parallel how my heart is growing and tied to my will to live: “Emotional Transformation Through Thematic Photography”.
Click on any of the thumbs to see a larger image, then click to the left or right to step through images, or click outside the image to close.
about the artist
Contemporary Photographer, Todd Materazzi was born to an Italian family in central Maryland and is currently settled in Annapolis, the sailing capitol of the world. After a dramatic transformation that took place in his life during his early 30’s, it wasn’t long before the call for photography settled on his heart. This transformation is directing the focus of his photography to this day. Todd is now represented by Artisan Direct Ltd (New York), a premium member of the Lucie Foundation (Los Angeles, California) and a member of The Art League (Alexandria, Virginia).
His photographs are taken with complete spontaneity (still-life, street, urban, architecture). Todd Materazzi is emerging as a photorealist that allows him to portray himself artistically while being precise. As he maintains a minimalistic approach, the creativity in his work was recognized by International Photography Awards from 2008 through 2011 when he received numerous Honorable Mentions to the current pinnacle: 2nd place in Editorial - Environmental category for the winning entry “Port of Baltimore II - Trifecta II”.
In 2012, Todd Materazzi Photography, “Emotional Transformation Through Thematic Photography”, was recognized and reviewed by Claudia Moscovici, the co-founder of the international aesthetic movement called “Postromanticism”.
Todd Materazzi is going public through a series of exhibits:
- 2012, Exhibit: RED DOT Miami, (Miami, Florida)
- 2012, Exhibit: Chicago Artexpo, (Chicago, Illinois)
- 2012, Exhibit: The SI Organization (Laurel, MD)
- 2012, Exhibit: June 2012 All-Media Membership Exhibit | The Art League | Juried by Mark Cameron Boyd (Alexandria, VA)
- 2012, Exhibit: MFA Circle Gallery 35th Annual Art on Paper (Annapolis, MD)
- 2011, Published: International Photography Awards Book. Baltimore, Maryland. “Port of Baltimore II”
- 2011, Award: International Photography Awards, 2nd place in Editorial - Environmental category for the winning entry “Port of Baltimore II - Trifecta II”
- 2011, Award: International Photography Awards; 26 Honorable Mention Awards in Night Photography, Fine Art Landscape, and Architecture.
- 2011, Award: International Photography Awards; 3 Honorable Mention Awards
- 2011, Award: International Photography Awards; 1 Honorable Mention
- 2009, Exhibit: Lowe House Office Building (Annapolis, MD)
- 2009, International Photography Awards; 3 Honorable Mention Awards
- 2008, International Photography Awards; 1 Honorable Mention