Melinda’s ”... artistry capturing the magical element of light and the beauty in nature has been awarded. In the past couple of years she has won First, Second, and Third Place Awards in both the Grassy Waters and the Loxahatchee Preserve Annual Nature Photo Contests. In addition, her work has been published, and she has been invited to be a featured artist in the Southeast Gallery of Photographic Art in Vero Beach and M & M Studio in Jupiter.
”A member of Artists of Palm Beach County, Melinda is also an active volunteer worker at the Grassy Waters Preserve and at the Palm Beach Photographic Center where people of all ages come to learn photography. This past year she has exhibited her work on large canvases in Palm Beach International Airport, Palm Beach Gardens City Hall, and the Crest Theatre in Old School Square.”
— Maxine Schreiber,
Click on any of the thumbs to see a larger image, then click to the left or right to step through images, or click outside the image to close.
about the artist
Melinda Moore was born in New Jersey, after which her family moved to South Florida. Living on a lake at the edge of the Everglades, within a mile of the Atlantic Ocean, gave her a unique opportunity to explore nature. Generations of family sailing enthusiasts fostered the love of all things nautical.
On a professional level, Melinda’s caring nature motivated her to acquire her BS degree in Nursing from Florida State University, which was then followed by a career in Coronary Care in Boston and New Haven.
During this time Melinda discovered and studied film photography, which has become her lifelong passion, and her camera became her constant companion.
The intense five years of her life as a nurse in New England was then followed by a more peaceful style of living on a sailboat in Florida and the Bahamas. This is where Melinda spent time studying creatures under the sea.
In the mid 1980’s Melinda’s adventurous family moved to Spain where she made her home for seventeen years. Living in Southern Spain exposed her to diverse cultures, and gave her an opportunity to travel throughout the British Isles, Europe and Africa. Visiting museums in Madrid, Paris and Rome offered a constant flow of inspiration and education in the arts. Studying Japanese Art, Ikebana, and Tea Ceremony for nine years with a Japanese Cultural Organization trained her eye for fine composition.
These wonderful life experiences have contributed to Melinda’s unique world view and influenced her creative vision. Returning to her South Florida roots in 2001, she decided to focus even more intently on her art. In 2008 she shared her photographic and digital talent with the world for the first time. She instantly gained recognition, winning various competitions, and receiving invitations to become a featured artist in galleries.
Melinda is very active in Artists of Palm Beach County, Boca Raton Museum Guild and volunteers time, both at Grassy Waters (a local nature preserve, where many of her magical bird images have been conceived), as well as the Palm Beach Photographic Center, where people of all ages come to learn the art of photography.
This year Melinda’s images have been displayed in print and on large canvas at places like the Palm Beach International Airport, the Palm Beach Gardens City Hall, the Palm Beach Photographic Center, the Armory Arts Center, the Southeast Gallery, and M&M Studio Gallery.
Currently Melinda is working on her latest series called “Animal Love”.
- BS, Florida State University
- Independent Study, Armory Arts
- Crest Theater, Artist of PBC Juried exhibit, Delray Beach Fl
- Lighthouse Gallery, Juried Exhibit, “Landscapes” Jupiter Fl
- Art in Public Places, Juried Exhibition, Palm Beach International Airport “ Land Escape”
- “Infocus” Palm Beach Photographic Center, WPB, Fl
- Boca Raton Museum Art Guild
- Florida Atlantic Pine Jog Environmental Exhibit, Lake Worth , Fl
- Art in Public Spaces, Juried exhibition,(mixed media) Liquid Assets, Pam Beach International Airport, WPB. Fl.
- Art in Public Spaces, Juried Exhibition,(mixed media) Boynton Beach Fl,Library
- Art in Public Places, Juried Exhibition,(mixed media) GardensArtProgram,City Hall. Palm Beach Gardens Fl
- Old Florida , Juried Exhibition, Southeast Gallery of Photographic Art, Vero Beach, Fl
- Flora & Fauna, Juried Exhibition, Southeast Gallery of Photographic Art, Vero Beach, Fl
- Worldview, Juried Exhibition, Southeast Gallery of Photographic Art, Vero Beach, Fl
- Infocus, Juried Exhibition, Palm Beach Photographic Centre, WPB, Fl
- 2010 Palm Beach National Photography Contest
- 2009 Grassy Water Preserve Annual Nature Photo Contest, West Palm Beach, Florida First Place Creative, First Place Landscape, Second Place Water, Grand Prize Landscape
- 2009 Loxahatchee Nature Preserve Annual Nature Photo Contest West Palm Beach, Florida, First Place Creative, First Place Photo Essay, Second Place Wildlife, Third Place Flora & Fauna
- 2008 Grassy Waters Preserve Annual Nature Photo Contest, West Palm Beach, Florida. First Place, Creative
- Featured Artist
- Southeast Gallery of Photographic Art, Vero Beach, Florida
- M&M Studio, Jupiter, Florida
- 2010, Katzengold und Silberfisch Scientific Bird publication Austria
- 2009, Pennsylvania Magazine
- 2009, Allegany Tourist Board
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” Rachel Carson.
Photography for me is a combination of quiet meditation and heart racing moments. It gives me great joy to catch the stillness of water on a pond, the tenderness of an animal’s eye, or the wisdom of an old man’s smile.
Throughout my life I have been fortunate to be surrounded by the beauty of the natural world. My appreciation for the wonders of nature has been nurtured by years of extended travel, and framed through the visions of traditional artists. My love of Art has compelled me to extend my artistic vision beyond the camera into a new digital art form using montage and painting.
- Professional and Community Affiliation
- Professional Photographer’s Guild of the Palm Beaches
- Palm Beach County Art in Public Places
- Southeast Gallery of Photographic Art ,Vero Fl
- M&M Gallery Jupiter Fl
- Boca Raton Museum Art Guild
- Palm Beach Photographic Center
- Artists of Palm Beach County
- Armory Arts Photo Salon, West Palm Beach
- Audubon Society Member
- Grassy Waters Preserve Member and Volunteer, West Palm Beach
- Loxahatchee Preserve Member and Volunteer on Photo support team, West Palm Beach