A native New Yorker, Ruth has studied and worked in a variety of mediums, including drawing, painting, photography, film-making and jewelry design. She attended The Art Students League of NY, Parsons School of Design, the NYU Film Certificate Program, and the School of Visual Arts. She received a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Hunter College, New York. She has had solo and group shows throughout the tri-state area, and her work is in numerous corporate and private collections throughout the US and Canada. Corporate collections include the Intercontinental Hotels, AT&T, The Swiss Bank, The Marriott, McDonalds, and Sullivan & Cromwell.
Click on any of the thumbs to see a larger image, then click to the left or right to step through images, or click outside the image to close.
about the artist
- Work in Publications
- 2008, 500 Pendants & Lockets, Lark Books, 2008, p. 297, Marsh Drawing 2007
- Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2012, ArtExpo New York NY, NY
- 2011, Contemporary Art Show NYC
- 2009-2011, Annual Long Island City Arts Open 2006-2008, LIC NY
- 2002-2008, Juvenal Reis Studios Open Studios 2006, LIC, NY
- 2005, “Breath of Light” – Omni Gallery, Uniondale LI
- 2004, Omni Gallery Group Show, Uniondale, LI
- 2002, Long Island City Open Studios 2002, LIC, NY
- 1995, “Back to Back” Open Studio Show, NY
- 1989, Marymount Manhattan College, NY
- 1987, Pleiades Gallery Juried Show; Donald Kuspit, Juror
current work: primary series 2011--2012
The Primary series is the current evolution of Arcs & Bands – a body of work that originally began with a progression of gestural circular marks made to fill the working space with rhythmic lines, and to express the visual, physically. In continuing to explore the simplicity of gesture and interaction of color, my work now explores the way in which forms emerge from the brushstroke, and materialize and dissolve, as a result of sculpting and reducing both negative and positive space.