An elected member and Director of Exhibitions for the Society of Canadian Artists, a member of the Colour and Form Society, Artist, Teacher, Juror, Steve was on the board of Directors at Beaux-Arts Brampton from 2003-2007 serving as President the last 2 years previously Vise-President of the Mississauga Arts Society. Steve is represented by Beaux-Arts Gallery, Brampton Ontario Canada, Ward Street Gallery Apsley Ontario, Morrison Galleries in Geneva Il and through Artisan Direct New York. He’s in many private collections throughout the world; his work has also been featured in Queens Park Canada, in The Peel Gallery, Brampton City Hall, Mississauga Art Gallery and Burnie Regional Art Gallery, Burnie. Tasmania.
He’s received Award of Excellence, Best Mixed Media at the Mount Carmel Fine Arts Festival, Niagara Falls Ontario 2012 for Rosetta Nebula, Artist Hand Award for Sculpture at the 6th Anniversary Show at Beaux-Arts Brampton, Honorable Mention Award at the Vaughan Juried Show 2008 Thornhill for After the Rain as well as Honorable Mention Award at the International Winter Juried Show at the OSHAC Qualicum Beach BC, Canada coinciding with the Winter Olympics (One of 2 Ontario Artist) for “City Lights (Toronto). He co-juried the 2nd Annual Wildlife Nature and Native Show at Beaux-Arts 2010 with Charles Pachter and Daphne Odjig. Steve was the Feature Artist in a new Arts and Culture Magazine called Futureale, After The Rain graced the cover in 2008.
Click on any of the thumbs to see a larger image, then click to the left or right to step through images, or click outside the image to close.
about the artist
As a full time artist you try to set yourself apart, to create something unique that stands out, a style that when view by the public screams, “This is a Wilson”, my unique style does just that. By adding a 3 dimensional element into my art that literally explodes off the canvas and greets the viewer, it has left viewers amazed, creating dialogue and challenging their interpretations. You may notice in one theme, that I have used imagery from the masters to recreate in three dimension the figures place in my work, using the arms in Michelangelo’s work in the Sistine chapel in my piece In the Beginning..., Paul Peel’s Shepherdess figure in my piece ”PEEL”ing away Inhibitions or Gustav Klimt’s Danae figure in my newest fantasy piece (still a work in progress) The Protector.
My new work in the reflection series consist of the New York Skyline as it appears now, but the twist is in the camera’s screen, what might have been, in my piece entitled The World Changed.
My work lends itself to commission work, allowing the collector to become part of the art, my slogan is “Be a part of the process, Be part of the Art”. Whether a street scene, landscape, universe piece or fantasy, my work will definitely be a conversation piece in any home or office.
Show Exhibitions, Steve Wilson, sca, cfs
- CFS Landmarks Exhibition Dec 4th-28th, 2012- Jan 29th 2013 at the Joseph D. Carrier Gallery, Coloumbus Centre Toronto, Ont.
- SCA Halifax Show Sept 30th- Dec 31st, 2012, at the Halifax Club, Halifax N.S.
- Red Dot Miami Dec 5-9th, 2012 Wynwood Arts District, Miami Florida.
- Ottawa Art Expo Oct 26th-28th, 2012, at the St. Elias Centre, Ottawa, Ont.
- Carmel Fine Art & Music festival (Award of Excellence Best Mixed Media 2012) Sept 7th-9th, 2012, Niagara Falls, Ont
- Back From SoHo NY Aug 19th - Sept 8th, 2012, at Beaux-Arts Gallery Brampton
- Parallax Art Fair New York Aug 2nd -5th, 2012, at 82 Mercer St. SoHo, New York
- Autists Art Auction to support the Geneva Centre for Autism May 17th 2011, 5:30pm at Koerner Hall Telus Centre, Toronto
- ArtEx 2010 Nov 12th -21st 2010at the Central Coast Civic Centre, Ulverstone, Tasmania
- TAS ART 2010 Sept 25th - Oct 16th 2010, at the Burnie Regional Art Gallery, Burnie Tasmania
- Art in the Woods July 17th - 18th 2010, at the Audubon Center, Jamestown, N.Y.
- Winter Juried Show to Coincide with the Winter Olympics (Honourable Mention) Feb 1st - March 28th 2010, at the Old School House Arts Centre, Qualicum Beach B.C.
- Act Two, Take One Sept. 1st - Sept 22nd 2009, at Impressions Art Gallery,102 Yorkville Ave, Toronto
- Toronto Art Expo 2009 March 18th - 22nd 2009, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Toronto, Canada
- CANFAR Auction Nov 26th 2008, at the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, Ontario
- Making My Mark Oct 1st - Nov 6th 2008, at Impressions Art Gallery, Yorkville Ave, Toronto, Ont.
- Vaughan Juried Exhibition (Honourable Mention Vaughan Juried Show) April 24th-May 25th, 2008, at the City Playhouse Theatre, Thornhill, Ont.
- Toronto Art Expo March 6th-9th, 2008, at the Metro Convention Centre, Toronto, Ont.
- VAM Juried Show Dec. 2005 - Jan. 2006at the Mississauga Art Gallery, Mississauga Ontario
- Auction for the Nellie Foundation to support Abused Women and Children June 20th 2005 at Gallery 1313, Toronto